Twelve Days of Christmas
For the fifth year running, Auckland Airport again donated $120,000 in the 12 Days leading up to Christmas.
Twelve worthy charities were the recipients of $10,000 each and are being announced daily in the NZ Herald in the days leading up to Christmas.
The $120,000 was collected through the generosity of the travelling public, donating their unwanted currency into donation globes situated throughout the airport. Auckland Airport collects the money and donates it to charitable organisations on behalf of the travellers.
The successful charities for the '12 Days of Christmas - 2012' were:
- Leadership New Zealand Trust
- StarJam Charitable Trust
- Workbase Education Trust
- Allergy New Zealand Inc
- Assistance Dogs NZ
- Dress for Success Auckland
- Queenstown Memorial Hall Trust
- The National Collective of Independent Women's Refuges
- Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust
- Mana Recovery Trust
- Surf Life Saving Kariaotahi