Giving back to our communities
Sponsorships are undertaken to establish closer ties with the community, the environment, important stakeholders, charities, education and events. At the same time Auckland Airport’s sponsorships build the company’s reputation, relationships and returns.
Auckland Airport divides its sponsorship into two streams;
- Commercial - focus on opportunities with strong commercial business rationale
- Community - philanthropic in nature
- TRENZ 2011, New Zealand's largest travel and tourism trade show
- Telstra Clear Pacific Events Centre
- Various event partnerships - Louis Vuitton Pacific Series, An Eventful March, World Rally Champs, Quiksilver Junior World Surf Champs.
- South Auckland Life Education Trust
- Life Flight Air Ambulance
- Leukaemia & Blood Cancer
- South Auckland Youth Awards
As well as these community sponsorships, Auckland Airport also has a community development programme which includes activities such as:
- The annual '12 Days of Christmas' promotion which sees $120,000 worth of spare charge from travellers distributed to 12 worthy charities every year. Click here for further information.
- The annual 'Gold Medal Awards' whereby a sponsorship fund of $25,000 is donated to organisations or schools to help with their sporting goals. Click here for further information. Providing the opportunity for various charities to run collections at the Airport throughout the year.
- Education initiatives with schools and tertiary instituions. Click here for further information.