- The Loop Duty Free
- Store Location 1, International terminal - first floor, after security
"Vin De Porto"
In 1730, Henry Burmester and John Nash founded Burmester & Nash in London, a cereal trading company. They moved to Vila Nova de Gaia and in 1750 began shipping port wine to the British Isles and the rest of Europe.
The firm was dissolved at the end of the 18th century, when Henry Burmester Jr. and his two sons, Fredrick and Edward, set up a new port wine company, H Burmester & Sons.
Burmester still produces its range of award winning port wines in the traditional manner to this day.