1. Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
- Information produced by us on how to enter the competition draw and prizes for the competition draw forms part of these Terms. By entering the competition draw, you are deemed to accept these Terms. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time, to replace or amend these Terms or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition.
- Except as set out at clauses 2(b) and 2(c) below, the competition draw is open to NZ residents that are at least 16 years old with valid identification in a form that is acceptable to us.
- You are not eligible to enter the competition draw if you are our employee, an employee of any of our Affiliate Partnersdirectly associated with the competition, or directly involved in providing a prize for the competition, or an immediate family member of such employees.
- Acting reasonably, we may exclude any person from entering into the competition draw.
- You may enter the competition by through Instagram by:
i. posting an image taken at Auckland Airport;
ii. tagging @aucklandairport; and
iii. using the hashtag #AKLAirsideExperience
at any time between 09 October 2023 (12:00am) and 20 October 2023 (11:50pm) (Promotional Period).
- We reserve the right to extend or change the Promotional Period.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any lost, misplaced, illegible, damaged, stolen, late or incomplete entries.
- After the Promotional Period, six (6) eligible entries will be selected to win the following prize: A “money can’t buy” experience to be airside for the touchdown of Delta Airlines first flight into Auckland Airport at 0755, Monday 30 October 2023 (Prize).
i. The prize includes:
Return vehicle transfer airside at Auckland Airport.
All winners must make their own way to Auckland Airport at their own expense.
All winners must be available for the duration of the whole airside trip (up to four hours from approximately 0700 until finish). No individual arrangements can be made to shorten or lengthen the trip.
This prize is for individual winners only, no guests will be permitted.
- Subject to clause 6, the Conditions that apply to the Prize:
i. The Prize cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be transferred or exchanged.
ii. If the Prize is not available for any reason, we reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value.
iii. The Prize is taken entirely at the prize winner's own risk. We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss) suffered or incurred by you or any other person as a result of or in connection with the competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
iv. Sign and return a Talent Release Form to the relevant Auckland Airport representative.
v. We may amend or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time.
vi. These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- The Prize winners will be selected by a panel of our staff. The draw will take place on 20 October 2023. Only a person who originally entered the competition draw is eligible to win a prize.
- We will notify the Prize winners by direct message via Instagram from the account that posted the Auckland Airport tagged photo. We will set-out the details of how the Prize can be claimed.
- If a Prize winner fails to claim the Prize within 48 hours following notification, the Prize will be forfeited. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the Prize another entrant selected by our staff panel.
- We may, at any time, verify the validity of a person that has entered the competition draw (including a person’s identify, age and place of residence).
- We may refuse to award the Prize to:
i.any person who has, in our view, acted in a fraudulent manner, breached these Terms or gained an unfair advantage in participating in the competition;
ii.any winner who, in our view, has not complied with clause 4(b); and
iii.any winner who, in our view would not be appropriate with having access to our Airside Area.
- Our determination of the prize winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence or other communication will be entered into.
6. Airside Area Access
- In order to experience the Prize, you will need to:
i.comply with our Airside rules, regulations and policies (including wearing appropriate clothing);
ii.provide or complete any relevant documentation that we require;
iii.obtain the necessary authorisations to gain access to the Airside Area; and
iv.comply with any direction provided by us, or our Affiliate Partners, prior or during the Prize.
- We reserve the right to remove you from the Airside Area if you fail to comply with any of the obligations in clause 6(a).
Defined Terms and Interpretation
In these Terms, the following words have the following special meanings:
“Affiliate Partners” means our airlines partners, contractors or anyone that we deem an Affiliate Partner.
“Airside Area” has the same definition as “Airside Area” in the Airport Workers’ Rules (available at: https://corporate.aucklandairport.co.nz/-/media/Files/Airfield-Information/Airport-Workers-Rules.ashx).
“Talent Release Form” means the talent release form set out in Appendix A.
"Terms" means these competition terms and conditions (as amended from time to time).
“Auckland Airport”, "we", "our", "us" means Auckland International Airport Limited.
"you" means a person entering the competition.