Strata Club (the Programme) is a membership programme offered by Auckland Airport (AIAL, we, us, our) to those persons bound by these terms and conditions as amended from time to time (Terms), (Member, you, your).
We draw your attention to the following important provisions:
- Capitalised words in these Terms have the meaning set out in section 25 (Definitions).
- You have certain obligations as a Member of Strata Club. It is important that you always comply with your obligations, so that you do not lose your Strata Club Membership or related rights and benefits.
- We, and select Strata Club Partners will send you emails and other communications which you consent to as part of these Terms. You may update your communication preferences and unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
- We will change the Strata Member Benefits from time to time, to keep the Programme up-to-date.
- Each Strata Point, if not used, will expire at the end of the calendar month immediately following the third anniversary of the date on which that Strata Point accrued.
- We may vary these Terms from time to time.
- We limit our liability to you in respect of your Strata Club Membership.
- In certain limited circumstances we may terminate your Strata Club Membership.
2. Your obligations
You may only hold one Strata Club Membership at any one time.
You must notify us promptly if you change your email address or contact details used to establish your Strata Clubs Membership.
You must keep your password details for your Strata Club Membership secure.
You must present your digital Strata Club ID, quote your Membership Number, or sign-in to the Auckland Airport website when you book Qualifying Bookings; or make a Qualifying Purchase, so that we can accrue the Strata Points and Tier Spend to your Account/ Profile/ Profile.
You must not allow any other person to use your Membership Number to try to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend on your Account/ Profile/ Profile and you must not use any other person’s Membership Number to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend on their Account/ Profile. We will not honour Strata Points or Tier Spend that we determine has been fraudulently obtained.
You are responsible for making your own enquiries in relation to any Member Benefit that is provided by a third party, which you may wish to redeem.
You must comply with the relevant terms and conditions applicable to any Member Benefit you wish to redeem.
Strata Points and Tier Spend are not convertible into cash in any circumstances.
Strata Points and Tier Spend are used by Auckland Airport to track and record your entitlement to future discounts and are a notional record of this entitlement. Strata Points and Tier Spend and any Member Benefit are not your property. You must not sell, assign or transfer Strata Points, Tier Spend or any Member Benefit to any other person for cash or any other form of consideration.
You may not purchase Strata Points or Tier Spend with cash.
We will collect personal information about your Strata Club Membership. This includes the information you provide on your Programme enrolment form; your Membership Number; your Membership password information; your Auckland Airport service booking history and any other information you submit to us.
We also collect personal information about you from our Strata Club Partners including information about your transaction and purchase history at retail stores and online stores, where you use your Strata Club Membership, and/or where you earn Strata Points or Tier Spend.
We may collect personal information about you from our third party business partners to assist in identifying suitable offers and promotions from us and our third party business partners that you might be interested in. We may also collect personal information about you that is publicly available.
- to administer the Programme and Member Benefits;
- otherwise to conduct and develop our business; and
- any other use that you authorise.
- We use the personal information that is collected online from your computer, mobile or device for the following additional purposes:
- for statistical analysis, sales and marketing research and for business improvement analysis; and
- any other use that you authorise.
We may also disclose your personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth and email address) to Strata Club Partners and other third parties, to enable us, or Strata Club Partnersand other third parties to identify and present you with offers that may be of interest to you (including by sending you commercial electronic messages that you consent to receive) and generally to operate and develop our or their business.
4. Email and other electronic communications
We are committed to full compliance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
By providing us with your contact details, including your email address and/or mobile number, you consent to receiving commercial electronic messages including but not limited to Programme communications, promotional offers and communications relating to online bookings made or commenced on our websites (including bookings that were not completed). You also consent to us and our select Strata Club Partners sending you Strata Club Partner communications from time to time.
You may opt out of those communications at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe link’ or via the 'manage email preferences' link within any Strata Club email communication. Once you have unsubscribed from those communications, you will be removed from the corresponding marketing list as soon as reasonably practical.
5. Application for joining Strata Club
Membership of Strata Club is personal to the Member and is not transferable to any other person.
You must be sixteen years of age or older to join Strata Club.
We reserve the right to accept or decline any application for Strata Club Membership. If your application is declined, we will inform you in writing. If we accept your application, we will issue you with a Membership Number or we will advise you by email.
Your Strata Club Membership will remain current until such time as it is terminated by either you or us pursuant to the termination provisions.
6. Deceased Strata Club Membership closure
Following the date that we become aware of your death, we will remove you from all communications associated with Strata Club, and your Membership will be closed and all Member Benefits will be cancelled.
Awareness of your death is to be provided to us by means of a death certificate or written confirmation by the executor of your Will.
7. Member Benefits
Strata Club Members are able to collect Strata Points and Tier Spend which enable them to enjoy a range of Member Benefits.
Member Benefits include:
- Benefits that can be redeemed using Discount eVouchers;
- Tier Benefits that can be enjoyed by Strata Club Members who have earned Tier Spend to qualify or requalify for Tier Benefits; and
- various other benefits associated with your participation in Strata Club, as set out in these Terms.
We will change and update the Member Benefits from time to time. Visit the Strata Club section of our website for information about our current Member Benefits.
8. Collecting Strata Points and Tier Spend
Strata Club Members may earn Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend only on Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases by:
- signing in to your Account/ Profile for online Qualifying Bookings; or
- providing your Strata Club membership number when completing a qualifying travel insurance purchase with Cigna Travel Insurance in partnership with Auckland Airport online or
- providing your Strata Club membership number when completing a qualifying rental car purchase with airportrentals.com in partnership with Auckland Airport online. Strata Club members earn Strata Points and Tier Spend on the New Zealand Dollar value of the car rental and insurance less fees and levies or
- presenting your Strata Club ID (QR code) on the App at point of sale when making a Qualifying Purchase.
9. Claiming missing Strata Points and Tier Spend
When you earn Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend on Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases your Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend should appear within the “Transaction Summary” of your Strata Club Profile of the Auckland Airport App within a week of the Qualifying Booking entry date or Qualifying Purchase being made. For qualifying rental car purchases your Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend should appear up to four days after the booking is completed and confirmed by airportrentals.com.
You may make a claim for missing Strata Points, bonus Strata Points or Tier Spend as follows:
- for Qualifying Bookings which are booked after your date of enrolling in Strata Club, and for an amount greater than $50; and
- for Qualifying Purchases made after your date of enrolling in Strata Club, and for an amount greater than $50.
Your claim must be received by Auckland Airport within 3 months of the date of the Qualifying Booking; or the date the Qualifying Purchase was made.
You must submit your claim for missing Strata Points, bonus Strata Points or Tier Spend online, through the Contact Us function on the Auckland Airport website or in the Auckland Airport app.
You must provide the following evidence as part of your claim:
- for Qualifying Bookings, a Booking confirmation; or
- for Qualifying Purchases:
- an original receipt; and
- an Eftpos terminal receipt (only where your purchase is made using Eftpos); and
- boarding pass or parking receipt to confirm you were at Auckland Airport when the purchase was made;
- made by persons holding an Airport Identity Card (where you are unable to provide a boarding pass), a copy of such card.
10. Qualifying Bookings
To earn Strata Points and Tier Spend for a Qualifying Booking at Auckland Airport parking or the Strata Lounge, you must be the person named on the booking confirmation.
We may vary the range and type of Qualifying Bookings and Strata Club Partners from time to time.
The amount of Strata Points and Tier Spend you can earn on the Qualifying Booking will vary depending on the earning rates applicable to the relevant service, the type of booking made, the price and the date of the booking. Check earning rate details with Auckland Airport, or the relevant Strata Club Partner.
11. Qualifying Purchases
You may earn Strata Points or bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend by making Qualifying Purchases with Auckland Airport, or the relevant Strata Partner.
We may vary the range and type of Qualifying Purchases and Strata Club Partners from time to time.
The amount of Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend you can earn on Qualifying Purchases will vary depending on the earning rates applicable to the relevant Strata Partner, the type of purchase made, the purchase price and the date of the purchase. Check earning rate details with Auckland Airport, or the relevant Strata Club Partner.
Not all purchases made with a Strata Club Partner will be Qualifying Purchases.
Strata Club Partners may specify which purchases will be Qualifying Purchases and eligible for Strata Points or bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend. Please check with the relevant Strata Club Partner before you make your purchase to confirm if the purchase is a Qualifying Purchase and will earn you Strata Points or Tier Spend.
All Qualifying Purchases made with a Strata Club Partner will be subject to the Strata Partner's terms and conditions (as well as these Terms).
We will update your Strata Club Account/ Profile balances with the Strata Points and Tier Spend you have earned through Qualifying Purchases only after the relevant Strata Club Partner has informed us of the Qualifying Purchase. This may be up to a week from the date of your Qualifying Purchase.
12. Strata Points expiry
Your Strata Points will remain valid for three years from the date they were earned to your Account/ Profile. Each Strata Point, if not used, will expire at the end of the calendar month immediately following the third anniversary of the date on which that Strata Point accrued.
13. Using Strata Points
To use Strata Points, you must convert those Strata Points to Discount eVouchers at the time of making a Qualifying Booking or Qualifying Purchase through the Auckland Airport app or signing into your Strata Club Membership.
Strata Points can only be converted to Discount eVouchers in exact multiples of 500. You cannot convert Strata Points to Discount eVouchers until you have collected a minimum of 500 Strata Points. 500 Strata Points converts to a $5 eVoucher.
The following requirements apply to all Discount eVouchers:
- You must comply with all terms and conditions relating to the eVouchers you use.
- If you use your Discount eVoucher at an Auckland Airport provided service (e.g. parking or Strata Lounge) you must comply with the terms and conditions relating to the Discount eVoucher, including any advance booking requirements, any restrictions, payment terms, fee requirements and cancellation terms.
- If your eVoucher is being used at a Strata Club Partner, you must comply with the Strata Club Partner’s terms and conditions relating to the Discount eVoucher, including any advance booking requirements, any restrictions, payment terms, fee requirements and cancellation terms.
We do not guarantee that the use of a Discount eVoucher will be usable at, or accepted by a Strata Club Partner at all times.
14 Tier Spend
Strata Club Members collect Tier Spend on certain Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases.
We may vary the Tier Spend collection rates from time to time, acting reasonably.
Tier Spend is used to determine if a Strata Club Member qualifies for a Tier. You will qualify for a Tier if you meet our Tier requirements published on our website. We may vary the requirements for achieving Tiers from time to time, acting reasonably. If we do so we will publish the new requirements on our website and we will also give you two months advance notice of any material changes to these requirements.
Strata Club Members who have reached a Tier are entitled to certain Tier Benefits, which we may vary from time to time. Visit our website for a list of current Tier Benefits here.
Your Tier will be valid for a 12 month period starting from the date your Tier becomes effective. However if, during the 12 month period, you qualify for a higher Tier, we will promptly change your Tier to the higher Tier. Your new higher Tier will then be valid for 12 months starting from the date your Tier is upgraded. The lower Tier Benefits will be immediately removed from your Account/ Profile and the higher Tier and corresponding Tier Benefits will be applied.
If you breach any of these Terms, we reserve the right to suspend your Tier for a period of time that we consider reasonable without any compensation to you.
15. Fees associated with your Strata Club Membership
We may charge you a reasonable fee for the services you ask us to provide. We will always inform you of the relevant fee before carrying out the relevant service.
16. Notice and contact details
Any notice given by us to you pursuant to these Terms and will be deemed to have been given and received by you if we email the notice to you at the last email address you provided to Auckland Airport.
You must promptly notify us of any changes to your email address and contact details. If you change your name you must provide written proof of the name change. If you have not notified us or provided such written proof, we may be unable to process your requests.
Auckland Airport makes no representation about your tax liability as a result of your participation in Strata Club, including your use or redemption of any Discount eVouchers and use of Member Benefits.
You are responsible for any taxes and fees levied or required to be paid by any law or government taxing authority in connection with your Strata Club Membership, including your redemption of eVouchers.
We will not issue you with a tax invoice in respect of any Strata Points earning or your use of Strata Points or Tier Spend.
18. Changes to these Terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. When we make changes, we will update these Terms on our website. We will also specify the date of the last update.
Our Strata Club Partners may also change from time to time. Strata Club Partners may discontinue their participation in Strata Club at any time without notice to you.
You may terminate your Strata Club Membership at any time by providing notice in writing to Auckland Airport.
If a Strata Club Membership is terminated by either the Member or by us, all Strata Points and Tier Spend the Member has earned but not redeemed prior to termination will be forfeited with no compensation.
Strata Club Membership will automatically terminate on the death or bankruptcy of a Member.
Your Account/ Profile may not have a negative Strata Points balance but if it does, it may be closed without notice.
Auckland Airport may terminate or suspend your Strata Club Membership or cancel or suspend your right to access to Member Benefits by notice in writing if we reasonably believe that you have:
- abused, misused or obtained by any misrepresentation any Strata Points, Tier Spend, Discount eVouchers, Tier Benefits or other facilities or arrangements provided by or in connection with Strata Club;
- behaved in a manner which we reasonably consider to be unacceptable while at Auckland Airport or using any Discount eVouchers or Tier Benefits or other facilities, services, or arrangements provided by or in connection with Strata Club;
- acted in any way that is detrimental to the interests of Auckland Airport or Strata Club (including Programme Partners); or
- behaved in a manner that we reasonably consider to be inappropriate or harmful or aggressive to any of our staff or passengers at Auckland Airport or employees within Auckland Airport, including your actions over electronic or verbal communications; or
- provided fraudulent or incorrect or misleading information to Auckland Airport in connection with your Strata Club Membership.
If we decide to discontinue Strata Club we may terminate your Strata Club Membership by giving you 3 month’s written notice.
If we cease to operate, we may terminate Strata Club Membership any time without notice.
20. Limitation of liability
Subject to applicable consumer protection laws and to the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that Auckland Airport will have no liability (in negligence, tort, breach of contract, or otherwise) for any loss or damage (including direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with:
- our variation to these Terms from time to time;
- our variation of Member Benefits from time to time;
- our suspension of your Tier as permitted by these Terms;
- our termination of your Strata Club Membership in accordance with these Terms;
- the use of (or inability to use), the availability of, and or the lack of suitability of any Member Benefit for you or anyone else;
- the Strata Points or Tier Spend that you forfeit upon termination of your Strata Club Membership;
- the availability of Member Benefits, including Discount eVouchers or Tier Benefits;
- our failure or delay to provide Discount eVouchers or Member Benefits due to force majeure or other events beyond our control;
- the accuracy of information supplied to you by third parties and your dealings with third parties;
- third party websites, applications, products and services;
- your legal and tax obligations and liabilities;
- any unauthorised or fraudulent activity in relation to your Strata Club Membership and Account/ Profile in circumstances where the person attempting or carrying out the activity:
- represents themselves to Auckland Airport as you and provides Auckland Airport with your Membership Number; or
- uses your online Account/ Profile password;
- the breach in the security of your computer, mobile or other device or the access to any information held on your computer, mobile or other device by unauthorised third parties. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Auckland Airport makes no warranties (express or implied), and makes no representations with respect to:
- to the suitability of Strata Club or Member Benefits for you or anyone else;
- the ability (or inability) to use Discount eVouchers or book any Member Benefit by you or anyone else;
- third party websites, applications, products and services. You maintain full responsibility for your dealings with third parties and your use of any Member Benefit provided by third parties;
- your compliance with laws in the country in which you reside, including any laws that may relate to you earning and redeeming Strata Points and Tier Spend. You are responsible for ensuring your compliance with all relevant local laws in the country of your residence.
22. Laws of New Zealand apply
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. You and Auckland Airport consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with any legal action that may arise in relation to these Terms, your Strata Club Membership and/or Strata Club.
If any term or provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable it will be severed from the Terms without affecting the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Additional information about Strata Club may be found on the Auckland Airport website. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Terms, as amended from time to time, shall prevail.
We reserve the right to audit your Account/ Profile and Strata Club Membership.
We reserve the right to adjust the Strata Points and Tier Spend balance in your Strata Club Account/ Profile if we identify any inaccuracy.
In these Terms:
The terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the following meanings:
Account and Profile mean the record we maintain of the balance of Strata Points you have earned through Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases and deducted from your Account/ Profile following the conversion of Strata Points to Discount eVouchers, a record of your Tier Spend and any Tier Benefits available to you, and your online profile you may access as a registered user of our website or app with your email address and password to view your balance details.
Auckland Airport, AIAL, we, us and our means Auckland International Airport Limited.
Discount eVoucher and eVoucher means discounts you receive once you convert Strata Points you have collected.
Member, you and your means a person who has joined Strata Club.
Member Benefit means Strata Points, Tier Spend, Discount eVouchers, Tier Benefits and other benefits that we provide from time to time in respect of Strata Club, as changed or updated from time to time.
Membership Number and Member Number mean the number we issue you as part of your Strata Club Membership, which is connected to your Account/ Profile.
Qualifying Booking means a booking made for services provided by Auckland Airport, or a Strata Club Partner where such booking qualifies you to earn Strata Points and/or Tier Spend.
Qualifying Purchase means a purchase of goods and/or services from either Auckland Airport, or a Strata Club Partner from time to time, where such purchase qualifies you to earn Strata Points and/or Tier Spend.
Strata Club means the customer rewards and recognition programme for Members operated by Auckland Airport in accordance with these Terms.
Strata Club Membership means membership of Strata Club.
Promotional Offers means any offers we or our Strata Club Partners may make to you, such as bonus Strata Points, targeted bonus offers, deals and discounts from time to time.
Strata Club Partner means any company, business or organisation that:
- sells Qualifying Purchases that Strata Club Members may purchase to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend;
- offers Qualifying Bookings that Strata Club Members may book to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend;
- accepts Discount eVouchers or Tier Benefits for redemption; and
- provides Promotional Offers to Strata Club Members from time to time.
Strata Points means the points you earn as a Member of Strata Club through your purchase of Qualifying Purchases and Qualifying Bookings and which you may convert to Discount eVouchers all in accordance with these Terms.
Tier means "Platinum", "Gold" or "Silver" Tier based on Tier Spend, in accordance with these Terms and as published on our website and updated from time to time.
Tier Benefit means the various benefits, services, goods and facilities that may be available based on the Tier.
Tier Spend and Spend means the amount earned in a 365 day period as a Member of Strata Club through your purchase of certain Qualifying Purchases or Qualifying Bookings.
Terms means these terms and conditions between Auckland Airport and you, which govern membership to Strata Club, as may be updated from time to time.
25. Date of last update
These Terms were last updated on 27 February 2018.