Auckland Airport is currently operating with reduced facilities and services due to COVID-19 restrictions. To make you as comfortable as possible during your transit stay, we have provided an easy guide to help you plan.
Auckland Airport is currently operating a Health Management Zone, with reduced facilities and services due to COVID-19 restrictions.
To make your transit stay as comfortable as possible, we have provided an easy guide to help you.
Safety and security
- CCTV monitoring remains in place for your own safety
- Please stay in the designated transit area until your flight is announced through the PA system
- When you are called for boarding you will be transported by bus to your aircraft
- Please practice good hygiene by washing your hands regularly with soap and water, drying thoroughly and
using the hand sanitiser provided and maintain a safe social distance
- It is highly recommend that you wear a face mask, and bring a supply of face masks with you for your travels
- If anything needs a clean, please call us by dialling 0 from the helpdesk phone or emergency phone
Your food and beverage options
Vending machines with food and hot and cold drinks are available. Vending machines are cashless however all major credit cards can be used to make purchases. Options include:
- Sandwich wraps
- Cheese and crackers
- Tuna and rice
- Fruit squirts (for babies)
- Other snacks/ confectionery
Hot drink machine
• Fresh ground coffee
• Instant coffee
• Hot chocolate
Cold drink machines
- Various cold drinks including water
Toilets, a water fountain, plenty of seating, charging stations and a family room are available. Seats contain power outlets to easily charge your devices.
Evacuations and emergencies
In the event of fire evacuation alarms sounding, please move either to the nearest exit or to an adjacent area that is not being evacuated. Follow the instructions of Fire Wardens wearing yellow vests. If you require assistance to evacuate please make yourself known to the Fire Wardens. Alternatively, if an alert warning tone sounds, please remain where you are and wait for further instructions.
In the event of an emergency - medical, security, fire or other emergency, please contact Auckland Airport Operations either by dialling 98777 on an airport emergency phone or by calling 0800 677 242, ext. 9, or from your mobile dial: 00 64 9 256 8777.
Life safety equipment comprising a defibrillator, airport emergency phone and manual fire call points is located at gate 15.
We are here to help and are available at all times. You can contact customer service by using one of the helpdesk phones or emergency phones.
For customer service dial 0
For emergency dial 98777
Your location is Health Management Zone, International Transfers