These Terms set out your agreement with us Auckland International Airport Limited (we, us, our) when you sign up as our customer or use any of the services we offer from time to time (Services). If you do not agree to these Terms, you must refrain from using our Services.
These Terms set out details of:
1 Preliminary matters – 'Strata Club Profile', our agreement with you, your privacy, acceptable use, and the use of email and other electronic communications;
2 Our specific Services – currently including:
Car Parks – booking and utilising our Car Park facilities;
Strata Lounge – booking and utilising our Strata Lounge;
The Mall – our online shopping mall;
Strata Club – our rewards and recognition programme (which you automatically become a member of, by accepting these terms and conditions);
3 General matters – some of the other important matters that govern all of our Services.
1 PRELIMINARY MATTERS
1.1 Multiple Services, one Strata Club Profile
Your Strata Club Profile offers a convenient, single sign-on profile that enables you to enjoy the following services:
- Strata Club;
- The Mall;
- Strata Lounge;
- Car Parks.
You can enjoy any of the Services above by simply logging in to your Strata Club Profile (and, where necessary, making a booking or a purchase). There is no need to agree to separate terms and conditions for each of the Services listed.
As a member of Strata Club, you will automatically earn Strata Points and Tier Spend by making Qualifying Purchases or Qualifying Bookings.
1.2 Our agreement with you
Our agreement with you comprises:
- these 'Strata Club Profile' member terms and conditions;
- our Acceptable Use Policy; and
(together, the Terms) and will apply from the earlier of the date that you first indicate your acceptance of these Terms and the date on which you first use any of our Services.
We draw your attention to the following important provisions:
- You have certain obligations as a user of the Services. It is important that you always comply with your obligations, so that you do not lose your ability to access and enjoy the Services and any associated rights and benefits. For instance, if you do not comply with the Terms relevant to Strata Club, we may suspend or terminate your Strata Club Account and you may lose your Strata Club Membership and accrued Strata Points, Tier Spend and Tier Benefits.
- Please read these Terms carefully. Some sections of these Terms apply to all of the Services we offer, while other sections of these Terms only apply to specific Services.
- Additional terms and conditions may also apply to specific activities in connection with the Services, such as any Retailer-specific promotions within Strata Club or on The Mall.
- You may update your communication preferences or unsubscribe from such communications at any time through the 'Strata Club Profile' settings. In the meantime, you consent to us and our select Partners communicating with you by electronic means such as email or text message to send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may update your personal information by emailing us at the corresponding email address in section 7.5 of these Terms.
- Capitalised words in these Terms have the meaning set out in section 7.11 (Definitions).
1.3 Your privacy
1.4 Acceptable Use
To help us preserve a safe and secure online environment for all of our customers, it is important that you always comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
1.5 Email and other electronic communications
We are committed to full compliance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
By providing us with your contact details, including your email address and/or mobile number, you consent to receiving commercial electronic messages including communications about our services, promotional offers and your online Bookings made or commenced on our Websites (including Bookings that were not completed). You also consent to us and our select Partners sending you Partner communications from time to time.
You may opt out of those communications at any time by following the instructions that accompany our communication. You will then be removed from the corresponding marketing list as soon as reasonably practical.
This Section 2 sets out the Terms that apply only to our Car Park facilities.
(For Car Park Booking conditions, refer to Section 6.)
We draw your attention to the following important points:
These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the Terms & Conditions for Online Parking which are deemed to form part of these conditions.
These Booking and Payment Terms set out the terms of our service allowing you to book Car Parks via our Website.
Strata Points will only apply to the Car Park Booking and will not apply to any add-ons.
You agree that you will not attempt to resell any booking, either on its own or bundled with other products or services. We also reserve the right to limit the number of Bookings per person, which we may specify from time to time on our Website.
2.1 Booking period
No refund will be made if your stay is shorter than the Booking Period. If you arrive early or leave late so your Vehicle is parked in a Car Park for any time outside the Booking Period, you will be charged for that time at the rate specified on the Tariff Board and applicable to the Car Park in which you have parked. This will be the case even if your total stay is no longer than the Booking Period. Please note that the Tariff Board rate is not necessarily the same rate as your Booking Fee.
We do not guarantee that this service will be available at all times, or provide access to all our Car Parks. Strata Club member or ‘loyalty’ bookings will be subject to availability, and blackout periods will apply during public holiday weekends, school holidays, including mid-December to 1 Jan, and for some special events (i.e. Bledisloe Cup fixtures overseas). Whilst some parks will be available over this period, these will be limited.
2.3 Booking disabled spaces
Our Car Parks include accessible spaces for use by mobility card holders, but unfortunately we cannot accept Bookings specifically for disabled spaces. If you have any particular requirements, please contact a member of staff on arrival or beforehand. There is a help button and assistance contact number at the entrance to every Car Park area.
2.4 What to do on Arrival
We do not issue tickets for online bookings. When you arrive at selected Car Parks you will need to insert at the barrier the same credit card that you used to pay for your Booking, or the credit card you nominated at the time of completing your Booking. You must do exactly the same when you leave. Please contact us if this is not possible (for example because the card that you used to make the Booking has been lost or stolen in the meantime).
If you enter the Car Park using a different payment card to the one used to make your Booking you will incur an additional charge at the Tariff Board rate upon exit.
Please ensure you follow the instructions on your Booking Details carefully. Your Booking is valid only for the type of Car Park specified in your Booking Details. Use of a different type of Car Park will incur standard charges as displayed at the Tariff Board rate upon exit (and you will not be entitled to any refund or reduction of your Booking Fee).
2.5 Vehicles permitted in our Car Parks
We only accept Bookings for cars and light vans. You are not entitled to a refund if your Vehicle exceeds the size limits we impose from time to time. Please contact us if you wish to check whether your Vehicle will be accepted.
2.6 Our responsibility to you
In some circumstances we may not be able to accommodate you in the type of Car Park specified in your Booking Details. If this happens we will, if possible, upgrade you to a more expensive Car Park at no additional charge. If we cannot do this and you have to park in a less expensive Car Park, we will refund the difference in price to you.
CCTV surveillance and Licence Plate Recognition software may be in operation in all car parks for security and operational monitoring purposes.
3 STRATA LOUNGE
This Section 3 sets out the Terms that apply only to Strata Lounge.
(For Strata Lounge Booking, refer to Section 6.)
3.1 How to access Strata Lounge without pre-booking
If you wish to use Strata Lounge but have not pre-booked, lounge access is provided on the day of travel subject to availability but this will attract a different 'walk up' rate to the Booking Fee for online Bookings.
Strata Points do not apply for walk-up entry.
Access cannot be guaranteed on the day.
Payment will be by credit card or cash at Strata Lounge reception.
If we agree to allow use of Strata Lounge the Conditions of Use will apply.
3.2 What to do on arrival
When you arrive at Strata Lounge you must present your Confirmed Booking and Booking reference number or lounge voucher that has been authorised online by Us at least 24 hours in advance of your arrival as appropriate. Admission without proper documentation will be at the absolute discretion us or our authorised agent operating Strata Lounge.
3.3 Period of use
The period during which you can use the Strata Lounge is limited to a continuous period of up to a maximum of 3 hours or up to a maximum of 8 hours dependent upon which type of product has been purchased.
We do not accept any liability if you cannot use the Strata Lounge for the whole or any part of your Booking Period.
3.4 Your responsibility for accessing the Strata Lounge
It is your responsibility to ensure you have allowed adequate time to locate and access the Strata Lounge for your Booking Period.
- dress to a standard reasonably to be expected from someone entering an executive style restaurant or lounge;
- not smoke;
- not remove food, drink, newspapers or magazines;
- not disturb or annoy other customers; and
- comply with the directions and requests of staff at Strata Lounge.
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to exclude entry to Strata Lounge or to ask a Customer to leave if they do not comply with these obligations. In such circumstances no refund will be given.
We do not guarantee that all facilities and services will be available within Strata Lounge at any given time.
4 THE MALL
This Section 4 sets out the Terms that apply only to The Mall.
These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the Terms & Conditions for The Mall which are deemed to form part of these Terms.
4.1 Eligibility to shop on The Mall
You can shop on The Mall as a Strata Club Member or as a guest. You do not need to be a Strata Club Member to make purchases. (These Terms apply to anyone shopping on The Mall as a Strata Club member.)
To shop on The Mall you must:
- hold a confirmed flight booking for an international flight that is scheduled to depart from or arrive into Auckland International Airport (your Scheduled Flight);
- purchase your selected items on The Mall no earlier than 6 months, and no later than 24 hours, prior to your Scheduled Flight time;
- be sixteen years of age or older (or, if you are under 18, use The Mall only under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian);
- hold a valid New Zealand or International passport; and
- hold a valid Visa or MasterCard credit card in your name.
You are responsible for ensuring that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may update your personal information under the My Profile tab.
4.2 Management of your Strata Club Profile
You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Strata Club Profile, regardless of whether the activities are undertaken by you or a third party.
Except to the extent caused by our breach of these Terms, we and our affiliates are not responsible for unauthorised access to your Strata Club Profile.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your password. You must not disclose your password to any third party and are solely responsible for any use or action taken under your password.
You will contact us immediately if you believe any unauthorised third party may be using your Strata Club Profile or if your Strata Club Profile information is lost or stolen.
We disclaim all liability for, and you are solely responsible for, any actions taken or purchases made prior to closing, disabling or removing your Strata Club Profile.
We reserve the right to audit your Strata Club Profile.
4.3 Ordering your items
Our help pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order (Order Process). You will need to provide all required information to submit a valid order. Our Order Process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each step of the Order Process.
Our Order Process includes the following steps:
- Sign in to your Strata Club Profile if you wish to make the purchase under your Strata Club Account (otherwise, you may make the purchase as a guest, but you will not accrue any Member Benefits)
- Select the item and select the "Add to Cart" button, which automatically places the item in your shopping cart;
- Select your preferred pick up location – at departure or on arrival;
- Your item will be added to your cart for your preferred pick up location;
- Add further items for the same pick up location;
- Review the items in your cart and apply your flight details;
- Select the "Proceed to Checkout" button within your shopping cart;
- Enter your personal details;
- Review your order;
- Select "Continue to Payment";
- Enter your credit card details and select "Pay Now";
- View the order confirmation for the flight you have purchased for;
- Receive the order confirmation email with information on how to collect your order;
We may at our complete discretion choose to reject any order you place. If we choose not to accept an order for an item (for instance, due to unavailability of that item or for any other reason), we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order.
All orders are subject to the availability of items. Retailers may revise prices, range of items and the specification of each item at any time and without notice to you.
We may at any time correct all errors and omissions in any advertising or order confirmation. Due to our administrative processes, errors (if any) may be discovered after you have collected your item. We will notify you promptly of any error or omission we discover.
4.4 Charges and Payment
You must make full and prompt payment for all items that you intend to purchase as you proceed through the checkout/Order Process.
Once you have reviewed your order, you will be directed to our payment provider's securely hosted payment page.
For Visa, Mastercard and Union Pay enter your card details and make sure it is a valid card issued in your name. For Alipay and WeChat Pay scan your QR code and arrange payment via your Alipay or your WeChat app.
Your credit card details will be encrypted using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Auckland Airport does not hold, store or transmit your payment details.
Once your order is complete, check your credit card statement to see your transactions.
All prices displayed and all payments charged are in New Zealand dollars (NZD). If you are purchasing using a credit/debit card or payment wallet registered outside of New Zealand, any currency conversion will take place online via the retailer’s acquiring bank at the rate applicable at the time of purchase.
When making a purchase on The Mall, you acknowledge and agree to the transaction fees charged by your payment provider.
Members may earn Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend only on The Mall’s Qualifying Purchases by signing in to your Strata Club Profile for online Qualifying Purchases. For Qualifying Purchases your Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend should appear within the “Transaction Summary” of your Strata Club Account within a week of the Qualifying Purchase being made
4.5 Allowances and Concessions
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring into New Zealand a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST). This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. You may be liable for Customs charges if you exceed the New Zealand quantity or value limits on arrival into New Zealand. Your purchases may also be confiscated at the overseas airport(s) you are travelling to, so we recommend you check the duty free allowance and personal goods concession for the country you are travelling to.
For more information on your duty free allowance and personal goods concession, visit the New Zealand Customs Service website.
4.6 Collection and Flights
Collection: Your orders must be picked up at one of our Collection Points – there is one at Departures and one at Arrivals in our International Terminal. When you collect your order, you will need to show your passport and a copy of your order confirmation. You will be asked to inspect your items and sign for your order to confirm acceptance.
Flight updates: It is essential that you promptly tell us if your flight details or flight time has changed so we can update your order or if you miss collecting you order so we can arrange a return and refund.
Types of promotion: The Mall may offer different types of promotions including:
- Retailer promotions – being each promotion made available to all shoppers on The Mall, by the particular Retailer making that promotional offer. Retailer promotions may be subject to additional terms and conditions, notified by the particular Retailer making the promotional offer.
- Strata Club promotions – being each promotion made available exclusively to members of our Strata Club Rewards programme;
In addition, The Mall may also offer promotional codes from time to time as part of a promotional offer from us or together with one or more of our Retailers. When redeeming a promotional code advertised on The Mall or within our marketing communication, please click the applicable link to read specific promotion details that apply.
These terms and conditions apply to those promotions where you must redeem a promotional code as part of the offer:
- Each promotional code is valid for a limited time only. We may modify or cancel a promotional code at any time.
- Unless otherwise stated, each promotional code can be used only once and there is a limit of one promotional code per customer.
- Each promotional code applies only to qualifying items. Details are specified in the promotion.
- Promotional codes do not apply to gift voucher purchases.
- Restrictions may apply to the promotion, and will be set out in the offer.
- If the promotion specifies a minimum purchase requirement, that minimum will be calculated on the Retailer's then-current pricing for the items you purchase.
- The promotional code is not transferable, may not be resold or redeemed for cash.
- If you return items purchased using a promotional code, we will subtract the value of the promotional code from your return credit.
If you violate any of these Terms or any additional terms and conditions notified by the relevant Retailer, the promotion will be invalid and the promotional code saving will not apply to your purchase.
4.8 Returns and refunds
If you discover an issue at the time of picking up your item from one of our Collection Points, you will be asked to complete a claims form and leave your item with us and we will notify the Retailer on your behalf to request a return and refund.
If you discover an issue once you have picked up your items, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You acknowledge and agree that the relevant Retailer's policies will apply to your claim – in particular:
- the relevant Retailer will decide whether or not to return or refund in the circumstances, in accordance with that Retailer's then-current returns/refunds policy;
- qualifying refunds will be due and payable by the Retailer that supplied the item, and not by The Mall;
- qualifying refunds will be paid to the credit card and in the currency that you paid for the item.
4.9 Your Conduct
The Mall and its underlying database may only be used as intended by us. When using or accessing The Mall you must not:
- breach or circumvent any laws, third-party rights or our systems, policies;
- use The Mall if you are:
- under 18 years old, without the direct supervision of a parent or guardian; or
- temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using The Mall, other websites, services, applications or tools;
- modify, alter, or remove in any way content generated by us, any Retailers or Partners or any of our other associated third parties;
- act fraudulently or deceitfully;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content;
- transfer your Strata Club Profile to another party without our prior consent;
- initiate or distribute any communications which constitute unsolicited electronic messages under New Zealand law;
- collect, use, store or disclose or in any way interfere with information regarding other users of The Mall (e.g. email addresses), without their permission;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm us, Retailers, Partners, any related third parties or the interests or property of users of The Mall;
- interfere with the working of The Mall, or impose an unreasonable disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- use any robot, data mining tool, data gathering and extraction tools, or other automated means to access The Mall for any purposes, except with our prior permission; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide The Mall.
5 STRATA CLUB
This Section 5 sets out the Terms that apply only to Strata Club membership.
5.1 Your obligations
You may only hold one Strata Club Membership at any one time.
We draw your attention to the following important points:
- You must be sixteen years of age or older to join Strata Club.
- You must notify us promptly if you change your email address or contact details used to establish your Strata Club Account.
- You must keep your password details for your Strata Club Account secure.
- You must present your digital Strata Card, quote your Membership Number, or sign-in to the Auckland Airport website when you book Qualifying Bookings; or make a Qualifying Purchase, so that we can accrue the Strata Points and Tier Spend to your Strata Club Account.
- You must not allow any other person to use your Membership Number to try to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend on your Strata Club Account and you must not use any other person’s Membership Number to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend on their Strata Club Account. You must not earn Strata Points on your account for another person's purchase. We will not honour Strata Points or Tier Spend that we determine has been fraudulently obtained.
- You are responsible for making your own enquiries in relation to any Member Benefit that is provided by a third party, which you may wish to redeem.
- You must comply with the relevant terms and conditions applicable to any Member Benefit you wish to redeem.
- Strata Points and Tier Spend are not convertible into cash in any circumstances.
- Strata Points and Tier Spend are used by Auckland Airport to track and record your entitlement to future discounts and are a notional record of this entitlement. Strata Points and Tier Spend and any Member Benefit are not your property. You must not sell, assign or transfer Strata Points, Tier Spend or any Member Benefit to any other person for cash or any other form of consideration.
- You may not purchase Strata Points or Tier Spend with cash.
5.2 Application for Strata Club Membership
Strata Club Membership is personal to the Member and is not transferable to any other person.
We reserve the right to accept or decline any application for Strata Club Membership. If your application is declined, we will inform you in writing. If we accept your application, we will issue you with a Membership Number or we will advise you by email.
Your Strata Club Membership will remain current until such time as it is terminated by either you or us pursuant to the termination provisions.
5.3 Member Benefits
Members are able to collect Strata Points and Tier Spend which enable them to enjoy a range of Member Benefits.
Member Benefits include:
- benefits that can be redeemed using eVouchers;
- Tier Benefits that can be enjoyed by Members who have earned Tier Spend to qualify or requalify for Tier Benefits; and
- various other benefits associated with your participation in Strata Club, as set out in these Terms.
We will change and update the Member Benefits from time to time. Visit the Strata Club section of our website for information about our current Member Benefits.
5.4 Collecting Strata Points and Tier Spend
Members may earn Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend only on Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases by:
- signing in to your Strata Club Profile for online Qualifying Bookings; or
- signing in to your Strata Club Profile for online Qualifying Purchases through The Mall
- providing your Membership Number when completing a qualifying travel insurance purchase with Cigna Travel Insurance; or
- providing your Membership Number when completing a qualifying car rental purchase with airportrentals.com; or
- presenting your digital Strata Card on the App at point of sale when making a Qualifying Purchase.
5.5 Claiming missing Strata Points and Tier Spend
When you earn Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend on Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases your Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend should appear within the “Transaction Summary” of your Strata Club Profile in the Auckland Airport App or website within a week of the Qualifying Booking entry date or Qualifying Purchase being made. For qualifying Travel insurance purchases your Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend should appear 7 days after the payment is received by Cigna Travel Insurance.
You may make a claim for missing Strata Points, bonus Strata Points or Tier Spend as follows:
- for Qualifying Bookings which are booked after your date of enrolling in Strata Club
- for Qualifying Purchases made after your date of enrolling in Strata Club.
We must receive your claim within 3 months of:
- the entry date of the Qualifying Booking; or
- the date the Qualifying Purchase was made.
You must provide the following evidence as part of your claim:
- for Qualifying Bookings, the Booking Details for your Confirmed Booking; or
- for Qualifying Purchases:
- an original receipt; and
- an EFTPOS terminal receipt (only where your purchase is made using EFTPOS); and
- either a boarding pass or parking receipt to confirm you were at Auckland Airport when the purchase was made; and
- made by persons holding an Airport Identity Card (where you are unable to provide a boarding pass), a copy of such card.
5.6 Qualifying Bookings
To earn Strata Points and Tier Spend for a Qualifying Booking at our Car Park facilities or the Strata Lounge, you must be the person signed into your Strata Club Profile at the time of the booking or you must be the person named on the Booking Details.
We may vary the range and type of Qualifying Bookings and Partners from time to time.
The amount of Strata Points and Tier Spend you can earn on the Qualifying Booking will vary depending on the earning rates applicable to the relevant service, the type of Booking made, the price and the date of the Booking. Check earning rate details with us or the relevant Partner.
5.7 Qualifying Purchases
You may earn Strata Points or bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend by making Qualifying Purchases with us or the relevant Partner.
We may vary the range and type of Qualifying Purchases and Partners from time to time.
The amount of Strata Points, bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend you can earn on Qualifying Purchases will vary depending on the earning rates applicable to the relevant Partner, the type of purchase made, the purchase price and the date of the purchase. Check earning rate details with us or the relevant Partner.
Not all purchases made with a Partner will be Qualifying Purchases.
Partners may specify which purchases will be Qualifying Purchases and eligible for Strata Points or bonus Strata Points and Tier Spend. Please check with the relevant Partner before you make your purchase to confirm if the purchase is a Qualifying Purchase and will earn you Strata Points or Tier Spend.
All Qualifying Purchases made with a Partner will be subject to the Partner's terms and conditions (as well as these Terms).
We will update your Strata Club Account balances with the Strata Points and Tier Spend you have earned through Qualifying Purchases only after the relevant Partner has informed us of the Qualifying Purchase. This may be up to a week from the date of your Qualifying Purchase.
5.8 Strata Points expiry
Your Strata Points will remain valid for three years from the date they were earned to your Strata Club Account. Each Strata Point, if not used, will expire at the end of the calendar month immediately following the third anniversary of the date on which that Strata Point accrued.
5.9 Using Strata Points
To use Strata Points, you must convert those Strata Points to eVouchers at the time of making a Qualifying Booking or Qualifying Purchase through the Auckland Airport App or signing into your Strata Club Profile.
Strata Points can only be converted to eVouchers in exact multiples of 500. You cannot convert Strata Points to eVouchers until you have collected a minimum of 500 Strata Points. 500 Strata Points converts to a $5 eVoucher.
The following requirements apply to all eVouchers:
- You must comply with all terms and conditions relating to the eVouchers you use.
- If you use your eVoucher for any service we provide (e.g. Car Parks or Strata Lounge) you must comply with the terms and conditions relating to the eVoucher, including any advance Booking requirements, any restrictions, payment terms, fee requirements and cancellation terms.
- If your eVoucher is being used at a Partner, you must comply with the Partner’s terms and conditions relating to the eVoucher, including any advance Booking requirements, any restrictions, payment terms, fee requirements and cancellation terms.
We do not guarantee that the use of an eVoucher will be usable at, or accepted by a Partner at all times.
5.10 Tier Spend
Members collect Tier Spend on certain Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases.
We may vary the Tier Spend collection rates from time to time, acting reasonably.
Tier Spend is used to determine if a Member qualifies for a Tier. You will qualify for a Tier if you meet our Tier requirements published on our website. We may vary the requirements for achieving Tiers from time to time, acting reasonably. If we do so we will publish the new requirements on our website and we will also endeavour to give you two months advance notice of any material changes to these requirements.
Members who have reached a Tier are entitled to certain Tier Benefits, which we may vary from time to time. Visit our Website for a list of current Tier Benefits here.
Your Tier will be valid for a 12 month period starting from the date your Tier becomes effective. However if, during the 12 month period, you qualify for a higher Tier, we will promptly change your Tier to the higher Tier. Your new higher Tier will then be valid for 12 months starting from the date your Tier is upgraded. The lower Tier Benefits will be immediately removed from your Strata Club Account and the higher Tier and corresponding Tier Benefits will be applied.
Tier Benefits are single use only. Tier Benefits are valid for 365 days from issuance and if not used within that period, they will expire. Should a member achieve a higher Tier status within that period, previous Tier Benefits will be removed and the new Tier status and corresponding Tier Benefits will be applied.
However if, during the 12 month period, you qualify for a lower Tier, we will change your Tier to the lower Tier at the end of the 12 months. Your new Tier will then be valid for 12 months starting from the date your Tier is lowered. The expired Tier Benefits will be immediately removed from your Strata Club Account and the new Tier and corresponding Tier Benefits will be applied.
5.11 Fees associated with your Strata Club Membership
We may charge you a reasonable fee for the services you ask us to provide. We will always inform you of the relevant fee before carrying out the relevant service.
Auckland Airport makes no representation about your tax liability as a result of your participation in Strata Club, including your use or redemption of any eVouchers and use of Member Benefits.
You are responsible for any taxes and fees levied or required to be paid by any law or government taxing authority in connection with your Strata Club Membership, including your redemption of eVouchers.
We will not issue you with a tax invoice in respect of any Strata Points earning or your use of Strata Points or Tier Spend.
5.13 Deceased Member
Following the date that we become aware of your death, we will remove you from all communications associated with Strata Club, and your Strata Club Membership will be closed and all Member Benefits will be cancelled.
Awareness of your death is to be provided to us by means of a death certificate or written confirmation by the executor of your Will.
5.14 Termination of Strata Club Membership
You may terminate your Strata Club Membership at any time by providing notice in writing to us.
If your Strata Club Membership is terminated by either you or by us, all Strata Points and Tier Spend you have earned but not redeemed prior to termination will be forfeited with no compensation from us.
Your Strata Club Membership will automatically terminate on your death or bankruptcy.
Your Strata Club Account must not have a negative Strata Points balance. If it does, it may be closed without notice.
We may terminate or suspend your Strata Club Membership or cancel or suspend your right to access to Member Benefits by notice in writing if we reasonably believe that you have:
- abused, misused or obtained by any misrepresentation any Strata Points, Tier Spend, eVouchers, Tier Benefits or other facilities or arrangements provided by or in connection with Strata Club;
- behaved in a manner which we reasonably consider to be unacceptable while at Auckland Airport or using any eVouchers or Tier Benefits or other facilities, services, or arrangements provided by or in connection with Strata Club;
- acted in any way that is detrimental to our interests or the interests of our Partners or Strata Club;
- behaved in a manner that we reasonably consider to be inappropriate or harmful or aggressive to any of our staff or passengers at Auckland Airport or employees within Auckland Airport, including your actions over electronic or verbal communications; or
- provided fraudulent or incorrect or misleading information to us in connection with your Strata Club Membership.
If we decide to discontinue Strata Club we may terminate your Strata Club Membership by giving you 3 month’s written notice.
If we cease to operate, we may terminate Strata Club Membership at any time without notice.
Additional information about Strata Club may be found on our website. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Terms, as amended from time to time, shall prevail.
We reserve the right to audit your Strata Club Account and Strata Club Membership.
We reserve the right to adjust the Strata Points and Tier Spend balance in your Strata Club Account if we identify any inaccuracy.
6 BOOKING STRATA LOUNGE, OR CAR PARK
By making a Booking you represent that you have read, understood and accepted these Terms – and (for Strata Lounge) the Conditions of Use , which also apply and form part of the same contract created by a Strata Lounge Booking.
It is important that you read and understand these Terms (and for Parking the Conditions of Use) which also apply and form part of the same contract created by Parking before completing your Booking.
A binding agreement will exist between you and us when (and only when) you have transmitted a completed Booking form to us and we have:
- (for online Bookings) received your completed Booking form and sent an email to you at the address you have given on the Booking form, confirming your Booking Details and providing a Booking reference (which you will need to quote if you want to contact us about your Booking);
- (for Bookings other than online) confirmed verbally or in writing, your Booking Details.
Please check immediately that the information given on the Booking acknowledgment is correct. Let us know immediately if it is not.
The Booking is personal to the person who is named in the Booking. It cannot be transferred to any other person.
You agree that you will not attempt to resell any Booking, whether on its own or bundled with other products or services.
We reserve the right to limit the number of Bookings per person, which we may specify from time to time on our Website.
6.2 Amending or cancelling a Confirmed Booking
You may amend or cancel your Confirmed Booking, for any reason, at any time up to:
- (for Car Park Bookings) 24 hours before the start of the Booking Period;
- (for Strata Lounge Bookings)
If you cancel your Confirmed Booking within time, you will be refunded the Booking Fee you have paid. However, you will be charged in full for your Booking if you have not amended or cancelled your Booking within the times stated above.
For Strata Lounge Bookings and Car Park Bookings, you can amend or cancel through our Website by clicking on “Manage My Booking” and selecting the relevant options. You can also amend or cancel by emailing us at:
We recommend that you cancel or amend online.
6.3 Booking Fees and how to pay
The Booking Fee that you are quoted includes GST and is fixed when you make your Booking. Prices may vary depending on time of booking and availability.
You can pay for your Booking by using any of the credit or debit cards that we accept (as shown on our online Booking form or on our Website).
When you give us your credit and complete your Booking you are authorising us to charge your credit card with the amount of the Booking Fee.
7 GENERAL MATTERS
7.1 Intellectual Property
You acknowledge and agree that all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services and all our related products and services are owned by us and our licensors. Except as expressly stated herein, these Terms do not grant you any rights to, or in, patents, copyrights, database rights, trade secrets, trade names, trade marks (whether registered or unregistered), or any other rights or licences belonging to us. All such rights are reserved to us.
You are expressly prohibited from reproducing, disseminating or otherwise publicising, or processing the Intellectual Property Rights without first obtaining our written consent.
7.2 Termination or Suspension
We may, at any time without notice and with immediate effect, suspend your right to use, and prevent you from using, the Services if:
- you fail to comply with any of the Terms;
- we consider that the Service is being, or is likely to be, used fraudulently or in a manner that will jeopardise the security, reputation or integrity of the Service or our business;
- your Strata Club Membership (or its effective management or control) is transferred to any other person or entity without our prior written consent;
- an Outage occurs or is reasonably necessary; or
- it is reasonably necessary for any other reason.
Without limiting our other rights and remedies, in the event that you breach any of these Terms, we may, at our sole discretion:
- in respect of our Car Parks:
- enter the Vehicle;
- move or remove and store a Vehicle (at the owners own risk) ; or
- apply a wheel clamp to your Vehicle,
and recover the costs of doing so from the owner. No Vehicle will be released to the owner until all such costs, along with car parking fees accrued on an hourly basis up to and including the time of removal, are paid in full;
- in respect of Strata Club:
- suspend your Tier for a period of time that we consider reasonable, without any compensation to you;
- in respect of The Mall:
- contact the Strata Club Account holder and provide written or verbal warnings;
- temporarily suspend or block access to The Mall and/or your Strata Club Account; or
- permanently block access to The Mall and cancel your Strata Club Membership if we determine there are sufficient grounds to do so.
7.3 Limitation of liability
If for any reason we are liable to you under or in connection with these Terms, then to the extent permitted by law, our total liability to you will be limited to a refund of some or all of the price or fees paid by you to us. You should also read the following conditions for further examples of circumstances in which we will have no liability to you.
We will be liable to you only for any loss, damage, cost or expense you suffer or incur to the extent that such loss, damage, cost or expense is a direct and foreseeable result of:
- our infringement of your rights under any applicable laws including the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 and Applicable Privacy Law; and
- our wilful breach of these Terms or our gross negligence.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that we will have no liability (in negligence, tort, breach of contract, or otherwise) for any loss or damage (including direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with:
- our variation to these Terms from time to time;
- our actions in accordance with Section 7.2;
- the installation, use or availability of any products purchased or supplied through The Mall;
- the use of (or inability to use), the availability of, and or the lack of suitability of goods or services purchased from Retailers for you or anyone else;
- the availability or access to the Services;
- our failure or delay to provide the Services due to any Events Outside Our Control;
- the accuracy of information supplied to you by Partners, Retailers or third parties and your dealings with Partners, Retailers or third parties;
- third party websites, applications, products and services (howsoever supplied);
- your legal and tax obligations and liabilities;
- your failure to board your Flight;
- your personal belongings;
- any unauthorised or fraudulent activity in relation to your 'Strata Club Profile', in circumstances where the person attempting or carrying out the activity:
- represents themselves to us as you and provides us with your account information; or
- uses your account password;
- our variation of Member Benefits from time to time;
- our suspension of your Tier as permitted by these Terms;
- our termination of your Strata Club Membership in accordance with these Terms;
- the use of (or inability to use), the availability of, and or the lack of suitability of any Member Benefit for you or anyone else;
- the Strata Points or Tier Spend that you forfeit upon termination of your Strata Club Membership;
- the availability of Member Benefits, including eVouchers or Tier Benefits;
- our failure or delay to provide eVouchers or Member Benefits due to any Events Outside Our Control;
- information, recommendations or advice given by us or on our behalf to you regarding Auckland Airport services or Flight details;
- the breach in the security of your computer, mobile or other device or the access to any information held on your computer, mobile or other device by unauthorised third parties. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
We will not under any circumstances be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss, including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of contract, loss of revenue or loss of business, howsoever arising whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or statutory duty or otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation.
You will fully indemnify and compensate us, our employees, sub-contractors and agents in respect of all actions, suits, claims, demands, costs, charges or expenses arising (whether asserted by the Customer or third party) out of or in connection with your use of the Services which are caused directly or indirectly through your act, omission, willful misconduct or negligence.
These Terms, including any limitation of liability and indemnities, apply to and are for the benefit of any and all of our related companies, subcontractors, agents, employees and representatives to the same extent as they apply to us.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we make no warranties (express or implied), and make no representations with respect to:
- the suitability of any goods or services purchased by you or a third party from Retailers or Partners;
- the ability (or inability) to use or access the Services by you or anyone else;
- third party websites, applications, products and services offered by Retailers or Partners. You maintain full responsibility for your dealings with Retailers, Partners and any other third parties and your use of any goods or services provided by Retailers, Partners or third parties;
- the suitability of Strata Club or Member Benefits for you or anyone else;
- the ability (or inability) to use eVouchers or book any Member Benefit by you or anyone else;
- your use of any Member Benefit provided by third parties;
- compliance with laws in the country in which you reside, including any laws that may relate to you earning and redeeming Strata Points and Tier Spend. You are responsible for ensuring your compliance with all relevant local laws in the country of your residence.
7.5 Notice and contact details
Any comments relating to our Services should be made in writing to us by email to:
- Car Parks: email@example.com
- Strata Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strata Lounge: email@example.com
- The Mall: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have suggestions as to how we can improve any of the Services and you wish to provide feedback, please provide us with as much information as possible. This will make it easier for us to respond.
We will try and answer all queries within 5 Working Days. If we cannot, we will tell you when we expect to be able to do so.
Any notice given by us to you pursuant to these Terms and will be deemed to have been given and received by you if we email the notice to you at the last email address you provided to us.
You must promptly notify us of any changes to your email address and contact details. If you change your name you must provide written proof of the name change. If you have not notified us or provided such written proof, we may be unable to process your requests.
7.6 Changes to these Terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. When we make changes, we will update these Terms on our website. We will also specify the date of the last update.
Our Retailers or Partners may also change from time to time. Retailers or Partners may discontinue their participation in our Services at any time without notice to you.
7.7 Laws of New Zealand apply
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. You and we consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with any legal action that may arise in relation to these Terms, your 'Strata Club Profile' and/or the Services.
7.8 Severance to terms
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms (or part of any provision) is, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms shall not be affected.
If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of these Terms would be, valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, we shall negotiate in good faith to amend such provision such that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable, and, to the greatest extent possible, achieves our original commercial intention.
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
We may transfer, assign or subcontract our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and we will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights under these Terms.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
Applicable Privacy Law means, the Privacy Act 1993 and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
Auckland Airport means the Auckland Airport precinct located at Mangere, New Zealand.
Booked Party means any person(s) (other than you) covered under your Confirmed Booking.
Booking means a booking for the use of Car Parks or Strata Lounge (as the case may be).
Booking Details means the details of your Booking as communicated by us in the process of completing your Booking on our Website.
Booking Fee means the fees payable in relation to your Booking for Car Parks, or Strata Lounge (as the case may be), as those fees are detailed in your Booking Details.
Booking Period means the period covered by your Booking, as specified in your Booking Details.
Booking Request means your request for the applicable Service.
Border Agencies means any authority at Auckland Airport with relevant jurisdiction, including the Aviation Security Service, New Zealand Customs Service, Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), Immigration New Zealand, Airport Police, Airways Corporation and the Department of Internal Affairs.
Car Park means each car parking space controlled by us at Auckland Airport.
Charges means the charges payable by you for The Mall purchases or any other Services (except for Car Parks and Strata Lounge).
Confirmed Booking means the binding contract between you and us that is formed in accordance with clause 6.1.
Customer means the person, firm or company making a Booking.
eVoucher mean discounts you receive once you convert Strata Points you have collected.
Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation:
- cancelled, delayed or early flights;
- security risks;
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; or
- failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
Flight means the flight described in the Confirmed Booking.
Intellectual Property Rights means all intellectual property rights and interests (including common law rights and interests) in any jurisdiction including (without limitation):
- patents, trademarks, trade names, service marks, registered designs and all goodwill rights associated with such works, copyright, circuit layouts, database rights, domain names, symbols and logos;
- patent applications and applications to register trademarks, service marks and designs; and
- know-how, ideas, concepts, tools, techniques, computer program code, data, inventions, discoveries, developments, trade secrets, information and logical sequences (whether or not reduced to writing or other machine or human readable form).
Member means you, in your capacity as a member of Strata Club.
Member Benefit means Strata Points, Tier Spend, eVouchers, Tier Benefits and other benefits that we provide from time to time in respect of Strata Club, as changed or updated from time to time.
Membership Number means the number we issue you as part of your Strata Club Membership, which is connected to your Strata Club Account.
Outage means an outage or incident arising from a network or system component that we do not control, including ISP servers, component failures, telecommunications network failures and local area faults.
Promotional Offer means any offer we or our Partners may make to you from time to time, such as bonus Strata Points, targeted bonus offers, deals and discounts.
Partner means any company, business or organisation that:
- in respect of Strata Club:
- sells Qualifying Purchases that Members may purchase to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend;
- offers Qualifying Bookings that Members may book to earn Strata Points or Tier Spend;
- accepts eVouchers or Tier Benefits for redemption; or
- provides Promotional Offers to Members from time to time,
- in respect of our other Services, that we deem do be a partner of us in relation to the Services,
as updated from time to time.
Qualifying Booking means a Booking made for services provided by us, or a Partner, where such Booking qualifies you to earn Strata Points and/or Tier Spend.
Qualifying Purchase means a Booking made for services provided by us, or a Partner, where such Booking qualifies you to earn Strata Points and/or Tier Spend.
Retailer means any person or business that we approve to offer goods or services for sale through The Mall.
Services means our Car Park, Strata Lounge, The Mall, Strata Club and each other product or service we offer from time to time under these 'Strata Profile' terms and conditions.
Strata Club Account means the record we maintain of the balance of Strata Points you have earned through Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Purchases and deducted from your Strata Club Account following the conversion of Strata Points to eVouchers, a record of your Tier Spend and any Tier Benefits available to you, and your online profile you may access as a registered user of our
Website or app with your email address and password to view your balance details.
Strata Club means the customer rewards and recognition programme for Members operated by us, as changed or updated from time to time.
Strata Club Membership means membership of Strata Club.
Strata Club Partners means the participating retailers at Auckland Airport, The Mall, airportrentals.com, Cigna Life Insurance as changed or updated by us from time to time.
Strata Lounge means the private executive lounge operated by us in the departure area of the Airport with seating and refreshment facilities.
Strata Points means the points you earn as a Member through your purchase of Qualifying Purchases and Qualifying Bookings and which you may convert to eVouchers.
Strata Profile means your online profile and the information that you submit and we maintain so that you may access Strata Club or The Mall with your email address and password and use our corresponding Services.
Tariff Board means any board or notice at the entrance to a Car Park area displaying the standard charges to be paid for parking.
The Mall means the online mall, e-commerce platform and Website located at www.themall.co.nz and any future version of that site as notified from time to time.
Tier means "Platinum", "Gold" or "Silver" tier based on your Tier Spend, as published on our website and updated from time to time.
Tier Benefit means in respect of each Tier the various benefits, services, goods and facilities corresponding to that Tier, as published on our website and changed or updated from time to time.
Tier Spend means the amount earned in a 365 day period as a Member, through your purchase of certain Qualifying Purchases or Qualifying Bookings.
Vehicle means any vehicle parked (or to be parked) in a Car Park and includes any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.
we, us, our means Auckland International Airport Limited.
Website means in respect of each Service our website or home page for that Service and includes:
- for The Mall, our website located at www.themall.co.nz; and
- for our other Services, our website located at www.aucklandairport.co.nz.
Working Day means any day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, Auckland Anniversary Day or a public holiday in New Zealand.
You, your means the person, firm or company contemplated in Section 1.2 of these Terms.
Headings are for information only and do not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
When we use the words "including" or "includes" in these Terms, this will be read without limiting the surrounding words.
When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these Terms, this will include e-mail unless we say otherwise.
Words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, references to any gender shall include the other reference to legal persons shall include natural persons and vice versa.
8.13 Date of last update
These Terms were last updated on 23 June 2020.